| 〉 〉 |
Auditing a Class
Auditors are under no obligation of regular attendance, preparation, recitation, or examination and receive no credit. Participation in classroom discussion and laboratory exercise by auditors is at the discretion of the instructor. A student who has previously audited a course is ineligible for credit by examination. Courses audited are not recorded on the student's academic record.
1. With approval, the following may audit courses without tuition (other fees apply):
- Graduate assistants
- Full-time undergraduate and graduate students (12 or more credit hours)
- Faculty and full-time staff
- South Carolina residents age 60 or over, provided they are not a full-time employee of Clemson University
2. Other persons who audit pays the applicable tuition rate. Students may not sign up to audit until the first day of class so that priority may be given to students taking courses for credit.
3. The deadline to sign up to audit a course is the last day to register or add a class for that term. Normal drop deadlines apply as well.
Students currently registered for courses may add an audit course or change one to audit status in iROAR. Other auditors must obtain a request to audit card from the Registrar's Office, 102 Sikes Hall, Box 345125, Clemson, SC 29634-5125.