| 〉 〉 |
National Student Clearinghouse
Enrollment verifications may be requested for a specific term, or for a total enrollment history. Clemson University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as our agent for providing enrollment verifications for insurance purposes, student loans, future employment, military IDs, etc. This free service is available 24/7 to current students and alumni of Clemson University. This verification provides enrollment status only. It does not provide information on specific courses taken or grades received: courses and grades are only on your official transcript.
- 1. Go to: iROAR 〉 Registration 〉 Student 〉 Student Records
- 2. Click on the link for Enrollment Verifications
- 3. Select from the following options:
- Print a certificate of enrollment to be forwarded to a third party
- View your enrollment information on file with the Clearinghouse
- View your loan deferment information that the Clearinghouse has provided to loan providers
- View information provided by the Clearinghouse to third parties on the student's behalf
- View detailed information about your loans
Former Clemson students that have not been enrolled for a year or more.
- 1. Go to www.studentclearinghouse.org
- 2. Click the Order-Track-Verify button
- 3. Click on Verify Degrees, Enrollment & Certifications
- 4. For a verification click the VERIFY NOW button
- 5. Follow the instructions on the page to complete the request for a verification form
Clemson University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as our agent for all verifications of student enrollment and awarded degrees.
Third parties must use the Clearinghouse. Please visit the Clearinghouse online at www.studentclearinghouse.org
or contact them by phone at (703)742-4200.
Enrollment Status (Full Time/Part Time Status)
|Credit Hour Enrollment Requirements|
|Minimum credits to be full time in fall or spring||12||9|
|Minimum credits to be half time in fall or spring||6||5|
|Minimum credits to be full time in summer|
(all sessions combined)
|Minimum credits to be half time in summer|
(all sessions combined)
Students who hold student loans are in deferred status on repayment as long as they remain enrolled at least half-time. For students holding Federal student loans, enrollment status is automatically
verified each term through the National Student Clearinghouse. Although students receive deferment forms in the mail, they do not have to bring them to us or take any action because Clemson University is a member of the Student Loan Clearinghouse and the enrollment verification is an automatic process that occurs each term.
Students whose parents hold PLUS loans, or other loans on behalf of the student, must bring those forms to the Registrar's Office for completion since enrollment is not automatically verified through the Clearinghouse. These loans refer to the parents, not the students, so the Clearinghouse is not an option.
Questions about verifications should be directed to the Registrar's Office (864)656-2171.