Registrar Home
text  ▪ Clemson Homehome iROAR ▪ blackboard ▪ phonebook 

    Clemson Home  〉 Registrar 〉  Former Student Returning
Former Undergraduate Students

Students in Academic Good Standing
If you were previously enrolled as a regular student at Clemson (not a special or transient student) but are not enrolled in the current term, you are classified as a former student. If you have graduated from Clemson and are applying as a former student returning, your program will be changed to a "Non-Degree Seeking Undergraduate" until you complete a Change of Program Form with Enrolled Student Services in 104 Sikes Hall. If you are a former student continuing your studies, you will be readmitted into your previous major but in the current catalog year. Senior students?students with 90+ hours?are readmitted into the major AND catalog year they were in when they last attended. Former students returning whose major has been discontinued will return in a non-degree status and must change to a degree-granting program.

The Undergraduate Application for Re-Admission is now available for the Summer and Fall term 2016.

Application Deadlines
Part of Term Date
Long Summer  May 10, 2016
Summer Half 1  May 10, 2016
Summer Mini A  May 10, 2016
Summer Mini B  May 30, 2016
Summer Half 2  June 20, 2016
Summer Mini C  June 20, 2016
Summer Mini D  July 11, 2016
Fall  August 15, 2016


The Undergraduate Application for Re-Admission fee is $25.00. Online instructions for payment are provided in the application. Acceptance letters will be emailed to returning students to the email address entered on the application.

After readmission and prior to enrolling in courses, all undergraduate former students returning must meet with an advisor in the Academic Success Center (ASC). Advising appointments are made on a first come, first served basis. If you are considering taking a course over the summer, you are encouraged to meet with an advisor early. Make your advising appointment here . Course registration activity will not be permitted unless you meet with an ASC advisor.


Students who have been Academically Suspended/Dismissed
If have been academically suspended from Clemson University, you will need to submit an Application for Re-Entrance in order to return.

If you have been academically dismissed from Clemson University, you will need to appeal your dismissal and submit an Application for Re-Entrance. After the Appeals Committee on Academic Eligibility has met, a decision will be sent to you and the Office of the Registrar. The Office of the Registrar will then process all applications for which an appeal was approved. You may go ahead and schedule an advising appointment with the Academic Success Center to have an academic plan in place. *However, meeting with an advisor does not guarantee you will be granted re-admission. This is for planning purposes only. The Appeals Committee on Academic Eligibility will meet on the following dates to review appeals:

Appeals Dates
Term Date
Summer 2016  May 9, 2016
Fall 2016  August 8, 2016
Spring 2017  January 9, 2017


Need registration help? See registration procedures.

Adobe Image

Former Graduate Students

Graduate students who were enrolled within the last two years must complete a Request for Re-entrance, available from the Graduate Enrolled Student Services Office, 104D Sikes Hall, or here: Graduate Request for Re-entrance. Degree-seeking students are readmitted into the degree and major they were in when they last attended Clemson University Graduate School.

Graduate students who were enrolled more than two years but less than six years previously must complete an Application for Re-entrance, which must be approved by the appropriate academic department. The application must show any intervening graduate work, and appropriate official transcripts of the work may be required by the Graduate School.

Graduate students who were not enrolled within the past six years are considered new applicants and must submit a new application, application fee, and all supporting materials to the Office of Admissions, E209 Martin Hall.

Former graduate students who wish to pursue undergraduate coursework with no immediate plans for graduate work should contact the Admissions Office for procedures.

Need registration help? See Clemson's registration procedures .

Adobe Image

Registrar Index :   A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z     
Contact Clemson
(864) 656-3311
Clemson University
Clemson, SC 29634

Prospective Students
Current Students
Faculty & Staff
Parents & Families
Featured Links
Policy & Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Clemson University, Clemson, SC. All rights reserved.