Registrar Home
text ▪ Clemson HomehomeiROAR ▪ blackboard ▪ phonebook 

   Clemson Home 〉 Registrar 〉 University Withdrawal

One Stop for University Withdrawal
Withdrawing from the University will drop all of your fall classes!

Per federal regulation, the date of the institution's determination that the student withdraws varies depending on the type of withdrawal. For example, if a student begins the official withdrawal process or provides official notification to the school of his or her intent to withdraw, the date of the institution's determination that the student withdraws would be the date the student begins the official withdrawal process or the date of the student's notification, whichever is later.

This action withdraws you from the fall term only. If you have any questions or you have already completed this form and would like to register for a different fall session, e-mail




Student Checklist for Withdrawing (Some or all of these may apply):
  • *Graduate Students* — Have you met with your Graduate Program Coordinator? If not, you should do so before completing your University Withdrawal Request.

  • Student Financial Aid — If a student withdraws prior to completing over 60% of a term, a pro-rated portion of the federal financial aid dollars must be considered "unearned" and returned to the federal programs and could cause students to owe the university a significant amount upon withdrawal. In addition to the amount of federal aid that Clemson must return, students who received financial aid for other educational costs, including off-campus living expenses, may be required to repay a portion of those funds to the federal programs. Failure to return aid due to the federal aid programs will result in loss of eligibility for federal aid assistance. For more information, please contact Financial Aid directly at (864) 656-2280 or

  • Student Financial Services — Any adjustments to your tuition/fees and financial aid will be based on the date on which you’ve completed the withdrawal process. Please see the refund schedule at If you are entitled to a refund, it will be automatically sent by direct deposit or a check to your permanent home address. However, students who drop all classes after the semester begins may find that their financial aid has been decreased or cancelled, and a repayment of some aid or payment plan may be due. Please contact the Student Financial Aid Office at (864) 656-2280 to address your questions about your aid or contact Student Financial Services at, for questions about your balance.

  • Parking Services — Parking decals must be returned to Parking Services. If you purchased an annual parking permit, a partial refund may be given up to March 15. For more questions, please contact Parking Services directly at 656-2270 or

  • Housing — Please contact the Resident Assistant of your housing facility, schedule a time to check out, and return your key prior to leaving campus. If you have any additional questions, please contact University Housing at (864) 656-2295 or

  • Veteran's Benefits — If you are receiving Veteran's Benefits, you may be responsible for returning funds to the VA. If you have any additional questions, please contact Jennifer Elliott at (864) 656-5280 or

  • International Services — If you are an international student, you are required to contact International Services at (864) 656-3614 or stop by E-303 Martin Hall.

  • The Withdrawal Form is no longer available for Fall 2015. The last day to drop without a final grade was October 27, 2015. Please contact the Registrar's Office with questions.

Military Duty
Students called to military duty click here for withdrawal options.


Registrar Index:   A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z     
Contact Clemson
(864) 656-3311
Clemson University
Clemson, SC 29634

Prospective Students
Current Students
Faculty & Staff
Parents & Families
Featured Links
Policy & Terms of Use

Copyright © 2015 Clemson University, Clemson, SC. All rights reserved.