Registrar Home
Clemson Homehome  ▪ iROAR ▪ canvas ▪ phonebook 

   Clemson Home 〉 Registrar 〉 Transient Students

Undergraduate Transient Students

Undergraduate Students in good standing at Regionally Accredited Institutions in the United States who wish to enroll in summer classes at Clemson University can apply as transient students.

The Transient Student Application will open January 16, 2018. There is a $25.00 non-refundable fee for the application.

Application Deadlines
Part of Term Date
Summer  May 11, 2018
Summer Half 1  May 11, 2018
Summer Half 2  June 22, 2018
Summer Mini A  May 11, 2018
Summer Mini B  June 1, 2018
Summer Mini C  June 22, 2018
Summer Mini D  July 13, 2018


Please follow these steps to be accepted as a transient student:

Perform a search for available summer courses.
Please refer to the video on how to view available seats* in a course.
*Video won't play in Internet Explorer? Get help.
View the cost per credit hour for courses by visiting Student Financial Services 〉 Summer Sessions.
Submit the Transient Student Application.
Refer to step by step instructions if necessary.
Provide ALL required documents to Required documents are:
  • Send an Official Transcript
  • Provide proof of Legal Presence
    • United States Citizens — We will need a copy of your US Passport OR birth certificate.
    • International Students — We will need a complete copy of your I-20 and VISA.
Look for an acceptance email at the address provided on the application. You will receive the email within 24 to 48 hours after ALL documentation has been delivered.
Register for classes by signing into iROAR 〉 Student 〉 Registration 〉 Add or Drop Classes.
Please refer to the training resources for student registration.

*You cannot complete step 7 until you have completed steps 1 - 6.
Pay your bill at iROAR 〉 Student Financial Services 〉 My Bill.
  • Bills may be paid by:
    • e-check at no additional charge,
    • Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express with a non-refundable convenience fee of 2.85% of your payment on all credit card payments,
    • There are no payment plans for summer courses
  • Financial support letters are to be emailed directly to
  • Please contact Student Financial Services at (864)656-5592 for questions regarding tuition.
For questions about the above information, please contact the Registrar's Office at
or (864)656-7855.

For questions about the application itself or technical difficulties completing it, please contact CollegeNET
at (503)973-5213.



Graduate Transient Students

If you are enrolled in a graduate degree program at another institution and wish to take Clemson graduate courses in the summer to transfer to that institution, you may apply as a Graduate Transient Student.

Graduate Transient Student Application

All Graduate Transient Students apply through the Graduate School. If you have any questions, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office at (864)656-3195 or email to

Adobe Image

Contact Clemson
(864) 656-3311
Clemson University
Clemson, SC 29634

Prospective Students
Current Students
Faculty & Staff
Parents & Families
Featured Links
Policy & Terms of Use

Copyright © Clemson University, Clemson, SC. All rights reserved.